Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Berry Nice Hostess Gift

The other day we were heading out to dinner at my sister-in-law's house and I wanted to take a little something to give to her.  My go to hostess gift is to bring flowers or a potted plant, but we were going out first and I knew that there was no way some flowers were going to live through a few hours in a steamy car so I got my creative pants on and came up with another idea.  


I had just done the groceries and we had loads of fresh berries in the fridge so I layered some in a mason jar to give her so she could enjoy them the next morning for breakfast. It makes my mouth water just looking at them.





Have you given a hostess gifts that was a little out of the ordinary?  Oh and in case you were wondering how I kept the fruit cool in the boiling hot car - it was as simple as putting some ice packs in a cooler along with the jar of fruit.  I guess you could add hostess gift to the many uses of mason jars.


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Lovely idea! mason jars are so versatile! I love giving jam as a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do look good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea. The blueberries here in Alabama have been the best and most delicious in years! :D

    ReplyDelete