Wednesday, August 14, 2013

An Easy Craft and Summer Updates

I've finally caught up on posting reviews of my summer reading and need to finish some more books before I can do any more.  I'm pretty proud of myself to have read four books so far.  Yay me!

I wanted to share a couple of things with you.



My daughter and her cousin had a craft session, but were only able to find crayons and paper to use so they got creative and made these treasures.  



This one started with crayons arranged randomly across the top of the page




and ended like this.

The other one started with the crayons taped along one side




and ended like this.

It was a lot of fun, but definitely not a craft for younger children as the wax was messy and the blow dryer hot.  The finished products are now proudly framed at the cottage.

We spent a few days at our family Georgian Bay cottage and we had a little bit of every kind of weather in those three days - a rain storm, clouds, sun, and a beautiful sunset. I hope to pull 
together a post next week to show you the flower display we had. In the meantime here's a few of the amazing skies.





I hope you are enjoying summer. I haven't had much time to blog this year as there isn't any internet at the cottage and I've been busy, but I'll be back visiting everyone soon and I have several posts I need to write up. 


I love summer and it makes me sad that there are only a few weeks left (sniff, sniff).

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on the sad part. But how lovely to spend your time at the cottage. The crayon art turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The craft project looks like a lot of fun. Your sky photographs are great, such a beautiful area. It is sad when summer starts to wind down. I hope we have another late burst in September like we did last year.

    ReplyDelete