Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas


This Christmas is a difficult one for our family as my father passed away early yesterday morning.  He's been sick with cancer for several years, but thankfully the cancer only really began to have a significant impact on his life since the summer.  He gradually lost strength and died peacefully surrounded by family.  So although his death was expected, losing a parent changes your life and I'm only beginning to process it.  

I wish you all a wonderful Christmas.  I'll be back in a few days as I can never stay away too long and I'll share more with you after Christmas when I've had time to collect my thoughts.

12 comments:

  1. Grace ... I am so sorry for your loss.

    Wishing you comforting times with family and friends ...and happy memories of Christmases past.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Grace,
    My heart goes out to you at this difficult time.
    I hope that you find comfort and support with your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my sweet Grace,

    I am so sorry.

    Praying for comfort for your heart - for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss, I hope the good and warm memories of Christmases together will warm your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for you loss, Grace. We lost my father during Christmas seven years ago. It's a tough time of the year to lose a parent. I pray that God will comfort you and yours during this holiday season.

    (((((hugs))))),
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. (((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))) I am so very sorry. Prayers for God's comfort and grace during this very difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry to hear that Grace. Thinking of you at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. May God bless you and your family as you grieve, You will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grace, I am sorry for your loss. May the spirit of the holiday and the love and togetherness of your family help you in the healing process.

    My thoughts and prayers are with you, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for your loss. May the Lord grant you His comfort and strength in this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete